All money raised donated to local authority funds & youth groups working in the areas affected by the riots.
3. Pozzle: Use Pozzle to create events and give rewards for showing up! Set a time, location and a reward, then invite everyone! In order to complete a Pozzle Event, the participants must connect at the event location by bumping phones, earning points along the way.
4. Piggy Bank: Save for a rainy day in style with Harry Allen’s colorful conversation pieces cast from an actual pig (that died of natural causes). The resin and marble banks are limited to 200 pieces and hold up to $10,000 in dollar bills. Shop Areaware
5. The Breakup: If your summer love has cooled off, check out The Breakup, the new installment from iLLaNOise AKA DJ Jay-Illa’s new love themed trilogy. The mixtape features music by The Roots, John Mayer, Lauryn Hill and clips from classics like Seinfeld and Love Jones.
“These 2 projects tell a story of how relationships tend to work – from the beginning romance to the nasty endings. And, my goal was to provide that feeling throughout – using R&B, Hip Hop, & Soul….” -Jay iLLa
6. Light Up: If you live in one of the 17 listed states (or plan on visiting) trust us, this newly launched site is for you. With a super comprehensive strain library and a user friendly layout, it’s like the Grubhub of medicinal marijuana. Partake! www.marijuana.net
7. Download: We fell for the rock band Grace Potter and the Nocturnals after their cover of Beyonce’s “Why Don’t You Love Me.” Thanks to the folks at Hob Nob Wines we’ve got a free track from their new self-titled album out on Hollywood Records. Download
8. Man and The Machine: Starting next month, researchers at Johns Hopkins University’s Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Maryland and the University of Pittsburgh will begin testing on spinal cord injury patients whose brains have been implanted with a tiny (2mm by 2mm) electrode array. If successful, we will see it controlled by mind power. Via CNN
9. Baller Blocking: The feds say no to the proposed T-Mobile/AT&T merger. With the iPhone being the only ace in the hole for AT&T, many believe they were right for blocking a merger that would have undoubtedly led to even worse service. Via Wired
10. PSL @ SBK: The pumpkin spice latte is back. 380 calories be damned. Via Starbucks