2. Blame it on the alcohol: We’re really excited about our summer signature cocktail, like really. If you missed our feature on mixologists, Through the Liquor Glass, check it here. The lovely ladies blessed us with our own drink, the Summertime CY.
3. Now that you’ve got your drink, we’ve got the celebration. This month Illinois, D.C and 10 others become the newest states to legalize same sex unions… just in time for gay pride month.
4. James Franco hustles hard. The Renaissance man models the relaunched Brooklyn based luxury brand Serum vs. Venom (SVSV) for a recent shoot at their studios. According to SVSV founder David Gensler; “The return celebrates a new vision and focus on expanding its “street couture” bespoke model, with ambitions to serve a much larger audience.”
5. Yet another reason on why the future is here. Cool Neon now offers wearable LED wire. Look familiar? The TRON-like strips have recently been worn by Kanye West. The strips cost $1.15 to $1.40 per foot and the ribbon is $25 for a 1-meter strip.
6. Prob Cause is a definite: The Chicago based newcomer dropped his new single this week “On My Own.” Prob’s style transforms from dubstep to electronic—to R&B—back to a classic rap sound. Check him out.
7. We love the kids, and so does Crazy Aunt Lindsey.”Doing Stuff With Crazy Aunt Lindsey” is a weekly kids creativity web-show that focus’ on kitchen, craft, safety, and science projects. No kids? The invisible ink recipe is cool for kids of all ages.
Squeeze the juice of your lemon into a bowl with the water. Once mixed well, soak a q-tip with the solution and use it to write your top secret message on the paper. Wait a few minutes for it to dry and when you’re ready to read it, hold the paper up to a hot lamp for a few minutes and watch the message appear!
Why It Works:
Lemon juice – and the juice of most fruits, for that matter – contains carbon compounds. These compounds are colorless until you heat them up, at which point carbon is produced and turn black!
Tip: Add a little more water to the lemon solution. Throw in some cane sugar or agave nectar and ice. Viola! You’re invisible ink just turned into lemonade. That’s the real magic!
8. What in the hell is a Hell Worm? According to scientists, it’s now the oldest living organism on our planet. Nicknamed “worms from hell,” the nematodes were found in several gold mines in South Africa, living a mile and more below the planet’s surface. Via The Washington Post
9. Shaq is a wrap. The Orlando-L.A-Miami-Phoenix-Cleavland-Boston “Superman” finally retires his cape.
10. X-Men are back! There’s no retiring in sight for these superheroes. The new installment of the Marvel mutant franchise premieres June 4th with X-Men First Class.